Information about our mini SBC tournament on Wednesday 27 April, 7-9pm, at Portsmouth High School.
Take part in a fun, handicapped, doubles tournament and compete against other pairs for the chance to win a free club night.
The evening will replace the club session on 27 April and will be open to registered SBC players only.
How it works:
- Enter the tournament individually by booking your space through our Eventbrite page – a link to book will be sent to SBC players directly
- The committee will create the pairs by listing all players in order of ability as judged by club coaches and pairing the top and bottom of the list until the middle two are paired. We think this is the fairest way to arrange the teams and will confirm pairings on the evening.
- There will be 16 pairs in total, placed into four groups of four
- You’ll play everyone in your group twice, up to 11, before seeing who goes through to the quarter finals, semi-finals, and final
- Pairs who are knocked out of the tournament will be automatically entered into a plate event and then onto our usual club night, so you won’t miss out on playing throughout the evening
Book your spot:
Spaces for the club tournament are limited to 32 and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please only book a space if you know you’re likely to attend. If you book and are unable to attend, please let us know ASAP. Refunds are only available seven days before the tournament.
Booking for the event opens at 9pm on Wednesday 16 March. A waiting list will be opened once full capacity is reached.
If you’ve got any questions about the event, contact League and Development Officers, Aaron or Tom, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or speaking to us at club night. We look forward to seeing you there!