What is SBC Membership?
Membership of Southsea Badminton Club is an optional way to get more involved in your community club and gain access to exclusive benefits.
Membership options for 2023/24
New players will be able to buy membership for the new year from August 2023. Existing members will have priority to be able to renew from an earlier date – check your email inbox.
All memberships are valid from 1 September 2023 until 31 August 2024.
We hope there’s an option for everyone, no matter your time commitment or what you hope to get out of being involved in Southsea Badminton Club.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Southsea Badminton Club offer membership?
Do I have to attend the Big Night Out?
No, attendance at our Big Night Out / AGM is entirely optional. But it’s your chance to have your say and vote on the future of your badminton club.
Will I be able to pre-book club events with Membership?
To pre-book our events, you’ll need to join at our new Membership Plus tier.
Can I buy more Club Event Vouchers?
Yes, as part of your membership benefit, you can buy as many 10x Club Event Vouchers as you like. Club Event Vouchers you are given will last 1 year from the purchase date. The vouchers will only give a £7 discount on event bookings (all events are currently £7, meaning they’ll be free). If the price of events change there may be an additional fee required for our events.
Can I buy Club Event Vouchers if I’m not a member?
No, only members may purchase Club Event Vouchers from 1 September 2023. Improver Club players will need to purchase Membership to continue purchasing Club Event Vouchers.
If I can’t make a session, can I transfer my booking?
Only those who have purchased Membership Plus and Membership Annual can request to transfer their bookings to other events, up to twice per month and up to 24 hours prior to the event. All players can request refunds up to 24-hours to the event and can rebook their ticket themselves online. Eventbrite fees may apply.
If I buy membership am I guaranteed a place in the league team?
No, a team selection process is in place to identify suitable players for our teams. Your membership will cover your league registration fee if you are selected to play.
If I leave the club, can I get a refund?
We’re unable to offer refunds on membership purchases
Terms and conditions
Terms applicable to all tiers:
- All Membership tiers are valid between 1 September 2023 – 31 August 2024.
- All Membership tiers are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and all are non-refundable.
- Maximum of 1 purchase per person.
- All Memberships offered are non-refundable.
- All mentioned discounts are offered on a discretionary basis and may not be offered throughout the year.
- Southsea Badminton Club, under guidance of the committee, have the right to withdraw or change the sales offer and terms and conditions of all membership options.
- Southsea Badminton Club, under terms of the constitution, may withdraw, change the terms or update the offer of Membership at anytime. Under the constitution, the price offered may not change.
- All events offered by Southsea Badminton Club are subject to availability. Whilst there’s no obligation, the club will best effort to host a minimum of 1 participatory event per week.
- Event transfers are exclusive for Membership Plus and above.
Club Event Vouchers
- Club Event Vouchers are non-refundable.
- All Club Event Vouchers are valid for 6-months, unless provided as part of Membership Annual where they are valid for 12-months from purchase date.
- All Club Event Vouchers, unless otherwise specified, are purchased for a minimum of 10 at the value of £6 and are worth the value of £7. All vouchers are distributed by a code which is your responsibility to keep safe. Should another member or player interfere, it is your responsibility to contact the committee who will cancel and redistribute remaining vouchers on a new code.
All pre-bookings will be made available to all Membership Plus and above, on the 1st of each month by email.
- Membership Annual is offered 1 September 2023 – 31 August 2024. However the included Club Event Vouchers will last 1 year from purchase date.
- Membership Annual is offered to a maximum of 8 people on a first-come, first-served basis.
SBC Team Kit
Players can purchase SBC team kit – including t-shirts, polo shirts and hoodies – via our Southsea Badminton Club shop at PB Teamwear.