SBC Committee meeting Aug 2018
Last weekend the new SBC Committee met for the first time. In case you don’t know who we are, check us out here.
We had a lot to get sorted ahead of the season starting, so it ended up being a bit of a marathon meeting! Here’s some of what we decided:
- From 17 September our weekly session will be each Monday at Wimbledon Park Sports Centre, from 8-10pm. It will continue to cost £5 per person.
- Until then, we’ll continue to use our bookings at the University of Portsmouth venues.
- Our upcoming sessions are listed on the right hand side here, and on our club calendar here.
- In order to make sure that we are compliant with new data legislation, we will be looking at rolling out new registration forms. Even if you have filled out one previously under a different guise, we are using the opportunity to make sure we have the most up to date information from everyone.
- We’ll be moving from communicating about sessions by text to communicating by WhatsApp. We’ll be asking anyone who wants to be kept up to date to let us know when we roll out new registration forms.
- We will also be taking general promotional photos at our club sessions – but please do let one of the committee members know if you are unhappy with this and would prefer not to be in in any images.
- We’re planning a club social for mid September, open to everyone who plays at SBC. Keep your eye on Facebook for the latest!
Other important policies
- Our constitution is in the process of being updated to reflect the new positions on the committee, and will be published here on the website shortly.
- As well as reviewing how we manage data, we also adopted Safeguarding and Health & Safety policies, which can be viewed here.
As always, keep an eye out on Facebook and here for the latest developments.